Your Cardiac Consultation
A cardiology consultation is usually requested by your general internist, family doctor or sometimes another specialist or surgeon when he or she wishes to have a cardiac specialist (cardiologist) use his or her expertise to evaluate you.
This might be one of many reasons from concern over a known or possible serious cardiac problem to a more general evaluation.
It might also include situations where you, your personal physician or your regular cardiologist wish you to have a confirmatory or second opinion.
Dr. Amine will start by speaking to you and examining you, reviewing any pertinent records available and possibly doing further diagnostic testing.
Reasons to get a Cardiac Consultation:
Cardiologists may see a patient for a cardiac consultation for any of the following reasons:
- Patient has been referred to a cardiologist by his/her primary care provider.
- Patient has (or appears to have) a cardiovascular health problem.
- Patient is preparing for heart or vascular surgery.
- Patient has had a heart attack, stroke, or significant heart-related procedure.
- Patient is looking for a second opinion on an imaging test, diagnosis, or treatment plan.
Meet Our Specialists
These are some of the professionals that will care for you.
At VP Cardiology, you'll find a host of experienced, compassionate and profesional specialists.